The International Rose Garden Festival Morwell may be delivered a bit differently this year to ensure the ongoing health and safety of our community. To keep up to date with the latest advice relating to COVID-19 please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
Hanging Basket Competition
An at home activity
Entries are open for the 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Hanging Basket Competition
It is up to your imagination to create a winning basket. To inspire your creativity, entrants are asked to choose from one of the themes listed below:
Theme 1: Best succulent /cacti basket
Theme 2: Best Fairy Garden
Theme 3: Best edible hanging basket
Theme 4: Best native / indigenous plants basket
Theme 5: Best bee attracting basket
Theme 6: Best potted colour basket
Entry is free and open to Latrobe City residents only. Residents can use existing baskets you have at home or purchase one; there is no restriction on size or materials.
You can prepare a new basket for the challenge or submit photos of an established basket.
One entry per resident permitted.
How to enter
- Simply email two photos of your completed basket (including one close up image) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by facebook messenger to Latrobe City Council.
- Include your name and the category you are entering.
Lodging of entries
- Email or message photos to council from 21st September to 21st October.
- All entrants are required to submit up to three (3) photographs. You can ask neighbours, friends or family members to take photos if you wish.
- No professional photos accepted.
- All entries will be judged utilising a “People’s Choice” method.
- The photos with the most likes and shares on the LCC facebook page (combined with phone votes) from each category at the end of the term will be deemed the winners.
- Residents who don’t have access to facebook and wish to cast a vote, can register their vote by calling the Latrobe City Customer Service Centre on 1300 367 700.
- Voting is open from 10.00am on the 24th of October to 5.00pm EST on the 5th November.
- A prize will be awarded to the person from each category who receives the most facebook likes, shares and phone votes at the end of the voting period.
- Prizes will be announced shortly.